As the board of the Danish Physical Society, DFS, it is our great pleasure to announce that registration for the Annual Meeting of the Danish Physical Society 2019 is now open! This year, we are again very happy to announce this with a solid line-up of invited speakers from the Growth Layer of Danish Physics.
The Annual Meeting will this year take place from the 27th to 28th of May, and the venue will again be Fænø-Sund near Middelfart. The program includes plenary talks, parallel thematic sessions and of course the poster session, the dinner and great company with colleagues past and present, fellow physicists and old friends. The confirmed invited speakers for this year's meeting are:
- Joao Mendonca, DTU Space, Exploring the Climate of Exoplanets
- Jonathan Bohr Brask, DTU Physics, Entanglement in Quantum Thermal Machines
- Anne E. B. Nielsen, AU, Quasiparticles in Topological Quantum Systems
- John Bulava, SDU, Hadron Scattering Amplitudes from High-Performance Computing
- Markus Ahlers, KU NBI, IceCube: Neutrinos and Multimessenger Astronomy
- Pernille Klarskov Pedersen, AU, Imaging of carrier dynamics on the nanoscale with terahertz nanoscopy
- You Zhou, KU NBI, Probing the universe's primordial soup at the LHC
- Dirch H. Petersen, DTU Physics, Microelectrode based metrology for magnetic tunnel junctions
- Lars Pleth Nielsen, Teknologisk Institut, TBA
- Hugh Simons, DTU Physics, TBA
- Christa Gall, KU NBI, TBA
- Karen Chan, DTU Physics, TBA
- Heather Lewandowski, University of Boulder, Colorado, Engaging Students in Authentic Scientific Practices in Physics Lab Courses
- After-dinner lecture by Thomas Tauris, AU: Neutron Stars and Black Holes: Mergers and More Magic
Schedule and abstracts
All participants, especially students, are encouraged to bring a poster, and there will be cash prizes for both the best talks and the best posters. The winners will also be invited to write an article about their project to KVANT.
Membership of DFS will, as always, lead to a discount on the conference fee, and there will also be free-passes for both high school teachers and students that are members of DFS. A condition for the free-passes is to present a poster or give a talk.
To register, go to: https://indico.nbi.ku.dk/event/1222/
The registration deadline is May 10th. Application for scholarship should be sent to DFS Chairman of firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1st. The application must be justified and stating the title of the desired presentation (talk or poster).